His Holiness The Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, Supreme Head of the Universal Syrian Orthodox Church will celebrate Holy Mass in the Cathedral of St. Peter and St. Paul at the Monastery of St. Aphrem the Syrian, Ma’arat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria, at 10:00am on Sunday, March 21, 2010, and consecrate Very. Rev. Raban Jean Aziz Kawak as Metropolitan to be the Director of the Patriarchal office in Damascus.
His Eminence Archbishop Mor Philoxenus Mattias Nayis, the Patriarchal Assistant and the Director of the Theological College of St. Aphrem, Damascus, request the presence and prayers of all Syrian Orthodox faithful on this occasion.
Very. Rev. Raban Jean Aziz Kawak:
· Born in Damascus on 1966.
· Degree in Economics from Damascus University
· Joined for Theological studies in Syria, 1987
· His Holiness the Patriarch ordained him a monk in 1989
· Joined the Eastern Theological Institute, Rome in 1990 and was awarded Masters in Eastern Liturgy.
· After that taught theology in St. Aphrem Seminary, Damascus.
· From 2006 to 2009, served the Syrian Orthodox churches in Eastern USA Archdiocese.
· In 2009 he was appointed as Director of Patriarchal Office in Damascus.