Joint International Commission for Dialogue between the Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church held on Dec 7th at Manganam Spirituality Centre
The Joint International Commission for Dialogue between the Syrian Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church was held on Dec 7th at Manganam Spirituality Centre. Topics of common interest were discussed and agreements were reached upon. The following decisions were made:
1. To share Churches and Cemeteries in urgent and unavoidable situations subject to mutually agreed upon conditions.
2. To publish the common understanding reached between the two churches regarding the Primacy of St. Peter
3. To send the translated copy of the agreement made between the two churches regarding the Holy Matrimony between the members of our two churches to all the Parish vicars along with necessary directives.
4. To include an ‘Ecumenical Guideline’ in the +1 and +2 Sunday School curriculum of both our churches to create an awareness among the younger generation about the importance of Ecumenism and also to teach them the common traditions and spirituality of the Syrian Christians.
5. To appoint a Commission to look into and study the effects of rising Pentecostalism and the problems arising out of that.
The meeting was presided over by HE Archbishop Brian Farell and HG Dr. Mor Theophilose Kuriakose
The Roman Catholic church was represented by Mar Joseph Powathil, Mar Mathew Moolakkattu, HG Thomas Mor Koorilose, Bishop Silverster Ponnumuthan, Rev. Dr. Mathew Vellanikkal, Rev. Dr. Xavier Koodappuzha, Rev. Dr. Jacob Thekkeparambil and Rev. Dr. Philip Nelpuraparambil.
The Syrian Orthodox Church was represented by HG Dr. Mor Gregorios Joseph, HG Mor Eusebios Kuriakose, V. Rev. Dr Adai Jacob Cor-Episcopa, V. Rev. Dr Moolayil Kuriakose Cor-Episcopa and Rev. Fr. Gregor Kollannur.
MSV News Team